Bosses are found on the 5th level on each floor (levels x-5). Based on the current terrain, Bosses are chosen at random.
After defeating a Boss in level mode, there will be a Golden Chest that has a higher chance of dropping a rare, epic, or legendary weapon. This does not happen at 3-5, as there is no point in giving the player a weapon after the game is over.
Sometimes, the summoned minions of the Boss will still be alive even after its death. This can happen if the boss dies before the minions appear from the summoning attack, as any minions already summoned will die with the boss.
Since version 1.5.1, Boss rooms are also indicated by red entrances in some versions which turn normal after entering the room. This entrance is not to be mistaken with an all-champions room, in which all the enemies in the room are Champions. Two Bosses spawn if the player has the Challenge condition “Fight with 2 slightly nerfed bosses in each Boss room.”
- This condition can spawn bosses from different biomes. It will also cause static bosses to be offset from the center, as there are now two bosses. The Boss arena is always the one of the left Boss, which spawned first.
- This can be very strange as you sometimes see a boss from a different biome as the right boss.
If the Boss has less than half of total HP, it will become enraged and will start to use more powerful attacks, as well as attacking much faster and more aggressively. In addition, Enraged Bosses will recover from debuffs much faster than usual (1 second instead of 2). At half of its total HP and upon death, they will also drop 10 energy orbs for players to recover. Upon death, they will drop a lot of Gold apart from materials and the energy.
There are exceptions, however:
- The Giant Crystal Crab and the Giant Golden Crab can restore health during the enraged phase, but restoring over half HP once enraged does not stop the enraged phase.
- The Baby Dragon Bros have separate health bars, but they're shown as one. This means that either one will become enraged once their health drops below half.
- The same applies during the “Fight with 2 slightly nerfed bosses in each Boss room” challenge condition.
List of Bosses
Here is a list of all Bosses, sorted by floor:
Floor 1 Bosses (Forest)
|Devil's Snare||Goblin Priest||Christmas Treant||Easter Bunny|
Floor 1 Bosses (Glacier)
|King Snow Ape||Giant Crystal Crab||Snowman King||Giant Golden Crab|
Floor 1 Bosses (Relics)
|Prehistoric Colossus||Gold Mask|
Floor 2 Bosses (Knight Kingdom)
|Grand Knight||Grand Wizard||Grand Slime||Dark Grand Knight|
Floor 2 Bosses (Dungeon)
Floor 2 Bosses (Halloween)
|Phantom King||Headless Knight|
Floor 3 Bosses (Spaceship)
|Varkolyn Leader||Zulan The Colossus||Floating Laser UFO|
Floor 3 Bosses (Volcano)
|Volcanic Sandworm||Baby Dragon Bros||Anubis|
Special Boss (Floor 2 in CNY event, Boss Rush Mode or Fight two nerfed bosses condition)
Kill 20 bosses with One Punch
- Before version 1.3.5, Bosses used skull symbols when enraged.
- The symbol used now is pulsing veins
- There will be special music playing.
- Before Update 1.4.1, there used to be two portals that appeared after beating the first Boss. The left one took you to the Knight floor and the right one took you to the Dungeon floor.
- A glitch occurred in version 2.3.0 such that boss shockwaves were much bigger than expected.