Characters are playable heroes and can be controlled by the player in-game.
There are currently 17 playable characters.
Some characters can be purchased using in-game gems. Others can only be acquired by purchasing them with real money.
The player can select a character by tapping on them in the Living Room after starting a game. Each character has their own set of skins, which are obtainable through different methods.
Levelling up a character gives the following bonuses:
- 1 star: Permanent +1 health (cost: 500 gems)
- 2 stars: Permanent +1 armor (cost: 1,000 gems)
- 3 stars: Permanent +20 energy (cost: 1,500 gems)
- 4 stars: Reduces skill cooldown by 2 seconds (cost: 2,000 gems)
- 5 stars: Skill upgrade - Different effects for each character and skill. Affects all skills for a single upgrade (cost: 2,500 gems)
- Bonus: The character obtains a permanent buff that complements their skills/play style (cost: 5,000 gems)
- Bonus 2: Permanently upgrades the character's starter weapon (cost: 8,000 gems)
Characters as NPCs
Each character has something to say when the player interacts with them.
They also have normal properties like the player; such as can be affected with Burn, healed and shielded by the Priest, etc. Most of these would just occur in the Living Room, however.
If the player has unlocked other characters, a character different from the player's (different from all in Multiplayer mode) may also appear at the starting room of each floor, as an NPC during a run. Talking to that character will cause something to happen, depending on the character the player is talking to. Some may even follow the player and attack enemies for the rest of the current floor.
- All character NPCs are found in the upper right area of the first room in every level, next to the place where Vending Machines would appear, but cannot be found in Boss Rush Mode.
- In a past version, locked characters could also appear in this fashion. However, talking to a locked character would only show a message telling that the player needs to unlock it first.
- This still occurs in Multiplayer if the character is not unlocked for any player.
- A character will use the last skin the player played them with, both in the Living Room and as NPCs during a run.
- When a character follows the player, they work like standard followers and don't use their special skills or pick up weapons.
Character Stats, Price and Skills
The values in the table for health, armor and energy are initial stats (with the upgraded stats in brackets next to them).
|Starter Weapons|| |
|6 (7)||5 (6)||180 (200)||5||4||Bad Pistol/New Pistol||0||Dual Wield/Superior Fire||8 seconds||"No extra damage when shield is broken."|
|1 (2)||8 (9)||120 (140)||0||4||Sacred Flail||$1.00 / £0.99||Energy Shield/Holy Warrior||9 seconds||"Release a radial blast when the shield is damaged."|
|5 (6)||5 (6)||180 (200)||5||4||Dormant Bubble Machine||5,000 gems||Gas Grenade/Elemental Potions||6 seconds||"Immune to poison gas and slow effect, increase poison damage to monsters."|
|5 (6)||3 (4)||180 (200)||10||5||Jack and Mary||2,000 gems||Dodge/Iaido||2.5 seconds||"Critical hit bullets can pierce enemies."|
|4 (5)||4 (5)||180 (200)||10||5||Blood Blade||4,000 gems||Dark Blade/Doppelgänger/Invisibility||11 seconds||"Melee weapons can bounce bullets."|
|5 (6)||5 (6)||180 (200)||5||3||H2O||$1.00 / £0.99||Gun Turret/Armor Mount/Interceptor||10 seconds||"Immune to fire, decrease explosion damage, and increase fire damage to monsters."|
|3 (4)||5 (6)||240 (260)||0||3||The Code||3,000 gems||Lightning Strike/Piercing Frost/Firestorm||7 seconds||"Elemental bullets deal double damage on critical hit."|
|3 (4)||4 (5)||120 (140)||5||3||Crimson Wine Glass||$1.00 / £0.99||Bat Swarm/Alien Swirl||8 seconds||"Chance to gain life after killing an enemy."|
|11 (12)||1 (2)||120 (140)||5||5||Flaring Claw||$2.00 / £1.99||Berserk/Blood thirst/Devour||10 seconds||"Immune to traps, and immune to collision damage."|
|5 (6)||4 (5)||180 (200)||5||4||Ancient Bow||12,000 gems||Focus Fire/Arrow Rain/Guardian Elf||6 seconds||"Shorter charge time for weapons that require charging."|
|3 (4)||5 (6)||200 (220)||0||3||Wooden Cross||12,000 gems||Regeneration Pact/Pray/Moon Shadow||14 seconds||"Improve potion effectiveness."|
|6 (7)||3 (4)||130 (150)||5||5||Crispy Bone||$1.99 / £1.89||Summon Wolves/Vine||2.5 seconds||"Increase effectiveness of pets and followers."|
|9 (10)||3 (4)||150 (170)||5||5||Boxing Gloves||$1.99 / £1.89||Rage/Free Style/Leap||4.5 seconds||"Get energy whenever you kill a monster."|
|3 (4)||6 (7)||180 (200)||0||3||Satellite Floating Gun||20 20||Electric Overload/Drone Swarm/EMP||10 seconds||"Increase the beam width of laser weapons."|
|3 (4)||5 (6)||240 (260)||0||4||Staff of Plague||$1.99 / £1.89||Nightmare/Omen Stone||6 seconds||"Decrease monster bullet speed, larger pickup radius."|
|4 (5)||4 (5)||180 (200)||5||4||Tao Sword||$1.99 / £1.89||Genesis of Swords/Bagua||Tao Arts: "Non-primary weapons turn into floating weapons."|
|5 (6)||5 (6)||180 (200)||5||4||Nemesis of Villains||Unlocked with achievement||Gun Spin/Bounty Tag||"Increase the number of combo hits for combo-hit weapons"|