Characters are playable heroes and can be controlled by the player in-game.
There are currently 14 playable characters.
Different characters have a unique set of stats, abilities and starter weapons (see table below).
Some characters can be purchased using in-game gems. Others can only be acquired by purchasing them with money.
The player can select a character by tapping on them in the Living Room after starting a game. Each character has their own set of skins, which are obtainable through different methods.
Choose a character to read their information:
Levelling up a character gives the following bonuses:
- 1 star: permanent +1 health (cost: 500 gems)
- 2 stars: permanent +1 armor (cost: 1,000 gems)
- 3 stars: permanent +20 energy (cost: 1,500 gems)
- 4 stars: reduces skill cooldown by 2 seconds (cost: 2,000 gems)
- 5 stars: skill upgrade - Different effects for each character and skill. Affects all skills for a single upgrade (cost: 2,500 gems)
- Bonus: character obtains a permanent buff that complements their skills/play style (cost: 5,000 gems)
- Bonus 2: upgrades character's starter weapon (cost: 8,000 gems)
Characters as NPCs
Each character has something to say when you interact with them.
They also have normal properties like the player; such as can be affected with Burn, healed and shielded by the Priest, etc. Most of these would just occur in the Living Room, however.
If the player has unlocked other characters, a character different from the player's (different from all in multiplayer mode) may also appear at the starting room of each floor, as an NPC during a run. Talking to that character will cause something to happen, depending on the character you are talking to. Some may even follow the player and attack enemies for the rest of the current floor.
- In a past version, locked characters could also appear in this fashion. However, talking to a locked character would only show a message telling that you need to unlock it first.
- This still occurs in Multiplayer considering the character is not unlocked for any player.
- A character will use the last skin you played them with, both in the Living Room and as NPCs during a run.
- When a character follows the player, they don't use their special skills.
Character Stats, Price and Skills
The values in the table for health, armor and energy are initial stats (with the upgraded stats in brackets next to them).
|Starter Weapons|| |
|6 (7)||5 (6)||180 (200)||5||4||Bad Pistol||0||Dual Wield/Superior Fire||8 seconds||"No extra damage when shield is broken."|
|1 (2)||8 (9)||120 (140)||0||4||Sacred Flail||$1.00 / £0.99||Energy Shield/Holy Warrior||9 seconds||"Release a radial blast when the shield is damaged."|
|5 (6)||5 (6)||180 (200)||5||4||Dormant Bubble Machine||5,000 gems||Gas Grenade/Elemental Potions||6 seconds||"Immune to poison gas and slow effect, increases poison effect damage to monsters."|
|5 (6)||3 (4)||180 (200)||10||5||Jack and Mary||2,000 gems||Dodge/Iaido||2.5 seconds||"Critical hit bullets can pierce enemies."|
|4 (5)||4 (5)||180 (200)||10||5||Blood Blade||4,000 gems||Dark Blade/Doppelgänger||11 seconds||"Melee weapons reflect enemy bullets."|
|5 (6)||5 (6)||180 (200)||5||3||H2O||$1.00 / £0.99||Gun Turret/Armor Mount||10 seconds||"Immune to fire and decreased explosion damage, increased fire damage to monsters."|
|3 (4)||5 (6)||240 (260)||0||3||The Code||3,000 gems||Lightning Strike/Piercing Frost||7 seconds||"Elemental bullet deal x2 damage on critical."|
|3 (4)||4 (5)||120 (140)||5||3||Crimson Wine Glass||$1.00 / £0.99||Bat Swarm/Alien Swirl||8 seconds||"Chance to gain life after killing an enemy."|
|11 (12)||1 (2)||120 (140)||5||5||Flaring Claw||$2.00 / £1.99||Berserk||10 seconds||"Immune to traps and collision damage."|
|5 (6)||4 (5)||180 (200)||5||4||Ancient Bow||12,000 gems||Focus Fire/Arrow Rain||6 seconds||"Increase accuracy and critical hit chance."|
|3 (4)||5 (6)||200 (220)||0||3||Wooden Cross||12,000 gems||Regeneration Pact/Pray||14 seconds||"Improve potion effectiveness."|
|6 (7)||3 (4)||130 (150)||5||5||Crispy Bone||$1.99 / £1.89||Summon Wolves/Vine||2.5 seconds||"Increase effectiveness of pets and followers."|
|9 (10)||3 (4)||150 (170)||5||5||Boxing Gloves||$1.99 / £1.89||Rage||4.5 seconds||"+2 Energy per enemy killed."|
|3 (4)||6 (7)||180 (200)||0||3||Satellite Floating Gun||N/A (Crafted)||Electric Overload/Drone Swarm||10 seconds||"Increase laser width."|